Your Cart

  • Your cart is empty


Frazier Firearms Transfer Policy

We accept firearms and NFA items and are currently appointment only on transfers. We will contact you to make your appointment when we receive your item. 

What do I need to bring with me?

You will need to bring a valid government-issued ID with you. Valid means current address and not expired.

If transferring a handgun, you must have a valid Ohio ID or Ohio concealed carry permit (CCW) to validate Ohio residency. If you have an out-of-state ID but a valid Ohio CCW, a NICS check and supplemental address forms will need to be performed. See section, 'What if my address is not correct on my ID?'

If you are transferring a long gun, you will need a valid government ID showing your current address, photo, and expiration. 

What if my address is not correct on my ID?

If your address is incorrect on your ID, you will need to bring one government document showing your name and current address.

It could be the following items:

*A city, county, or village utility bill. IT HAS TO BE A GOVERNMENT AGENCY

*A current hunting or fishing license that shows name and address

*Bureau of Motor Vehicles registration card that shows name and address

*USPS change of address forum

*IRS documents showing name and address

Question 26.b. Supplemental Documentation: Licensees may accept a combination of valid government-issued documents to satisfy the identification document requirements of the law. The required valid government-issued photo identification document bearing the name, photograph, and date of birth of the transferee/buyer may be supplemented by another valid, government-issued document showing the transferee's/buyer's residence address. This supplemental documentation must be recorded in question 26.b., with the issuing authority and type of identification presented. For example, if the transferee/buyer has two States of residence and is trying to buy a handgun in State X, he may provide a driver's license (showing his name, date of birth, and photograph) issued by State Y and another government-issued document (such as a tax document) from State X showing his residence address. A valid electronic document from a government website may be used as supplemental documentation, provided it contains the transferee's/buyer's name and current residence address.

Do you take Ohio concealed carry license?

Yes. We take a valid Ohio concealed carry license as long as it is not expired and you have a valid Ohio ID. We will waive the NICS check, and the 4473 still needs to be completed.

Are you between the age of 18 and 20?

As a result of the passage of the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act (BSCA) of 2022, signed into law on June 25, 2022, the NICS Section is working towards the implementation of an enhanced background check process for persons between the ages of 18-20. The enhancement provides the opportunity for additional outreach and research to be conducted regarding the existence of any juvenile adjudication information and/or mental health prohibition. As a result, transactions on persons between the ages of 18-20 will initially be delayed. In order to conduct the aforementioned outreach and research, the address of the individual will be collected so that the appropriate local and state entities may be contacted. All descriptive information, including address, will follow normal purge requirements (i.e., deleted from NICS within 24 hours of the FFL receiving a proceed status.)  If potentially prohibiting juvenile information is uncovered, the BSCA allows for the delay period to extend up to ten business days. However, if no potentially prohibiting information is located, the transaction will be proceeded as soon as possible. 

What happens if I'm delayed?

If NICS provides a "delayed" response, the transferor/seller is prohibited from transferring the firearm unless 3 business days have elapsed and, before the transfer, NICS or the State has not advised the transferor/seller that the transferee's/buyer's receipt or possession of the firearm would be in violation of law. (See 27 CFR 478.102(a) for an example of how advised the transferor/seller that the transferee's/buyer's receipt or possession of the to calculate 3 business days.) If NICS provides a "delayed" response, NICS also will provide a Missing Disposition Information (MDI) date that calculates the 3 business days and reflects when the firearm(s) can be transferred under Federal law.

What happens if I'm denied?

If NICS provides a "denied" or "canceled" (and does not immediately provide a new transaction number) response, the transferor/seller is prohibited from transferring the firearm to the transferee/buyer.

The National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) is a descriptor-based name search. If you believe you have been erroneously denied, you may submit a request to challenge the deny decision. The agency which processed your NICS transaction is required to have a challenge process. You may challenge through the denying agency, the state or local agency that processed your transaction, or you may submit your challenge to the FBI Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Division. 

You may:
1) Request the reason for your firearm-related denial
2) Challenge the reason for your firearm-related denial

Please Visit: For customers without Internet access, you may mail a request to the address listed below:

FBI CJIS Division
Attention: CHAT 1
1000 Custer Hollow Road
Clarksburg, WV 26306

The challenge submission must include:
✓ NICS Transaction Number (NTN)
✓ Your full name
✓ Your complete mailing address

Providing a set of your rolled fingerprints prepared by law enforcement, or an authorized fingerprinting agency, is highly recommended to help expedite your challenge. The CJIS Division cannot release the reason for denial over the phone.

What happens if my item was damaged in transit or I was sent the wrong item?

If your item was damaged during transit or your FFL sent you the wrong item, you, as the customer, will need to reach out to the FFL that you purchased your item before you do the transfer. Frazier Firearms LLC will provide photos to help you with your claim. The shipping FFL will need to pay for the return label.  

Abandoned Property

Please make arrangements with Frazier Firearms LLC before having the item(s) shipped by your FFL. 

Frazier Firearms LLC will store your item(s) for up to 30 days before contacting the transferee about the abandoned property via call, text, or email. If pickup isn't made within five (5) business days of call, text, or email, a 1% fee of the final value determined by Frazier Firearms LLC will be added to the transfer cost. Once the fee exceeds the final value, item(s) are considered abandoned and belong to Frazier Firearms LLC. 

Transfer Fees

1) Firearm transfer fee is currently $25.00. Additionally, every firearm added to the 4473 is $5.00. 

There is a surcharge fee per item of $5.00 (five) if the item(s) come from the following companies: 

Buds Gun Shop

Battle Hawk

Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore

Impact Guns


Palmetto State Armory

Primary Arms

2) NFA transfer fee is currently $75.00 for an individual. Add $25.00 for every trustee to the NFA item if doing a trust. 

*Reminder that you pay the ATF the $200.00 tax stamp directly at the end of the application process. Frazier Firearms LLC does not process that. Currently paid via debit or credit card.  

Reject Transfer

Upon receiving the rejected transfer back, you will receive a credit to the card used at checkout minus the shipping fee and a 10% restocking fee. 

All items are considered in a used condition after the transfer. Please be sure to look over your item before the start of your transfer. 

Click here for a copy of the Frazier Firearms LLC FFL